Thursday, November 2, 2017

1980 AMF Sunfish Viper 02 Nov 17 First Coat Wet Edge

02 Nov 17:

Got a box of supplies from Jamestown Distributors. The paint cans are shipped in protective cardboard sleeves. We ordered paint and primer, the stir sticks, gloves, paint cups and strainers are included free.


Sanded the deck with 120 grit on a random orbital sander, there were a lot of brush marks, more than I like. I'm not sure my idea to tint the primer with paint was a good one.


Rolled and the first coat of TotalBoat WetEdge Kingston Gray with a small cabinet roller and tipped with a decent grade brush. There are a lot of roller marks and brush strokes, so we will need some more sanding and better luck on the second coat. The paint looks good from 5 feet, and we like the color. I like my paint jobs to be 1-3 footers, so I have my fingers crossed that the second coat will flow and lay down better.


Log of Viper.

No comments:

Post a Comment