Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Small Bench

10 Apr 24:

We made a small bench out of cedar, set at about 18 inches for a good sitting height. It will be used in a shower, the cedar should smell great with a little hot water splashed on it.

I laid out the templates...for the shop stool...To make a bench I needed taller legs, which I remembered when I got to the assembly stage of construction.



Still haven't recognized the short legs...


To make bench height legs, I use the stool leg template to get the legs' top and bottom widths, then a straightedge to draw the sides. All the other pieces remain the same. We fastened the pieces together with silicon bronze Frearson head screws.


Gardner Boat Shop Stool. Plans available, $20 USD, email us at lewis.kent at gmail


No comments:

Post a Comment