Tuesday, March 20, 2018

ALCORT Fiberglass Sunfish and Super Sailfish MKII Rudder Carriage Bolt Tube

20 Mar 18:

The fiberglass ALCORT Sunfish and Super Sailfish MKII rudder had a carriage bolt that could move around under sail and that slop allowed the vertical hinge plate to pop out of the bottom latch plate groove. AMF/ALCORT added a rubber tube over the bolt to help keep it centered in the middle of the transom slot. We recently came across a few spares. In 1972 the rudder design was changed to the current style.


Here's a picture of the tube installed on our Super Sailfish MKII SWEETNESS.


1963 Super Sailfish MKII SWEETNESS.



Have you ordered your copy of The Sunfish Owners Manual yet? Great information on the most popular boat ever built.

Fair Winds,
Clark and Skipper

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to buy one of these carriage bolt sleeves. Any sources known?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi send me an email to lewis dot kent at gmail I have similar tube that should work.

      Delete
  2. I just bought some similar tubing to try out. Give me a day to compare it to the factory tube. Cheers, Kent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested as well! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also after the tube. Any ideas on how to jerryrig a tube would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi send me an email to lewis dot kent at gmail I have similar tube that should work.

      Delete