Friday, January 22, 2021

A Battery Life Well Charged

 22 Jan 21:

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know what the status of WILLOW's cranking battery is, compared to the old timey days of guessing whether the battery had any charge or was completely dead. We don't run the boat on a regular basis, and did not want to leave a regular charger hooked up to the battery for concern over the marine climate. The ProMariner ProSport HD6 is designed for onboard use, waterproof to IP67 standards, and the digital tender is smart enough to not just charge the battery but to also condition and maintain it. The lights tell me all I need to know, whether WILLOW is ready to run.

WILLOW had been in storage and I didn't have the HD6 hooked up, so battery was flat. I hooked it up yesterday and it rapidly charged the battery to about 50%. The a day later I can look in and see everything is topped off, the tender is in Auto Maintain status, battery 100% charge, System Check OK, Battery Status is full and AC power is on to the tender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment