Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Small Boat Tool Trolley Project

I made a tool trolley to follow me around the boat, nowhere to lay multiple tools and materials while we fit, trimmed, planed, rasped, chiseled, sanded, glued and screwed planks. Too much time was being wasted going to and from the work table, especially when I had to walk around to the other side of the boat. Hand tools on top, power tools on the bottom with box o screws. It's version 1.0 and I will probably make another one using solid 1x4s vs plywood legs and attach a power strip to the side. I named it "Shadow."

1x4 legs, (actually 3/4 inch plywood on this build). 3/4 inch plywood trays. 6 inch wheels from Lowes. Deck screw fasteners. Measures approx 24 inches by 30 inches. I made it so that the chop saw could sit in the top tray and be level with our 30 inch high work table. And the saw could be stored on the bottom shelf. But it turns out to be too handy as a tool trolley on its own that I will make a different mobile table for the chop saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment