Monday, May 13, 2013

Sunfish Trailer Bunks and Rollers

Needed to install a roller to support forward part of keel

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

Want something similar to this setup

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

Visited Eddie English Trailers in Milton, FL. They custom build trailers and have everything!

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

Picked a 4 inch roller on adjustable brackets. This color roller won't mark up the hull. I positioned the roller directly below the mast step, the fiberglass is doubled up there. Bunks are under the cockpit. Daggerboard well is another good place to support the boat. These locations are also the best to use if you transport the boat upside down.

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

Trailer is ready to roll now

From Sunfish Sailboat Restoration

2 comments:

  1. will you trailer it on the road? my trailer has a bow chock at the very front of the boat - I like that it keeps the boat from sliding forward if I was to come to a really fast stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy my2fish
    Yes, I'll hit the road and have a strap running through the sheet block right now to minimize sliding. I also plan to add a stop like you suggest to have an easier tie down spot on the bow.
    Fair winds, clark

    ReplyDelete