Thursday, July 2, 2020

Glorious Morning - A Tribute to Mom

28 Jun 20:

My Mom passed away last evening at the gentle age of 90, she "walked on" as we say in our Citizen Potawatomi Nation vernacular. I saw this Morning Glory just after sunrise and knew she would like it, she enjoyed gardening, so I took a picture.


We spent some time on the dock, watching the dolphin and birds, which reminded me of one of her favorite hymnals "His Eye is on the Sparrow." Here are some of the words.

Why should I feel discouraged
Why should the shadows come
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me

Mom taught me to ask why, to take action and to always move forward. She let me create and make things. She had a long career managing information for top businesses, I listened and learned. Might be the reason for my fascination with admin binders and explain my desire to organize and share information, tribal knowledge as I call it. I will miss her physical presence but will have her in my heart forever. She gets to play on the Rainbow Bridge now with all of her puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment