Thursday, September 15, 2022

Nutshell Pram EXCUSE ME 15 Sep 22 Painter and Rudder Pattern

 15 Sep 22:

Build a boat the drill holes in it. This one for the painter aka bow line. We used the heirloom ratchet brace and an auger bit to drill the hole.


A tip. Drill until the tip if the bit pokes out the other side...



Then come around to the other side and drill the other side.


This helps prevent tearout of the wood and leaves a hole even a carpenter bee would be proud of.


Found some surplus dock line to be the painter.



Next I turned my steely gaze to the rudder. Except my gaze was rusty, and I cut the first rudder from 1/4 inch ply vs the required 3/8 inch. And even shaped the edges. Oops.


 I regrouped and cut out the correct thickness blade and rudder cheeks.


But now I have a nice pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment