Saturday, January 15, 2022

Herreshoff Double Paddle Rewind

 12 Jan 22:

I was trying to figure out the best way to shape the concave face on the paddle blade, when Richard showed me how he cuts away most of the excess concave material with a bandsaw BEFORE he glues everything together and before the cuts the outer edge curve. So I took our bandsaw and cut enough bits off that they would fit through my small bandsaw (4 inch throat). I them tracced the profile on the side of the blade, hard to do when the surface is curved. And the resulting surface was not terribly flat, so there were come vagaries in alignment when I worked the smaller pieces through the saw. One bit got cut a little too shy and several others had a lot of excess wood left, but nowhere near what I started with. 



Glued everything back together. New clamps reported for duty, Webb and Doug.


No comments:

Post a Comment