Wednesday, January 5, 2022

State Registration Numbers for the Armada

 05 Jan 22:

I've been in a lazy mood so I scheduled the whole month of January to get our Armada's registration numbers and trailer plates switched over from Florida to Virginia. So far I have the plate on the utility trailer switched, and today we worked on removing the Florida numbers from ONKAHYE. Before I took the numbers off I laid down a strip of blue tape to make a mostly level reference line to guide where the new numbers will be placed. Next I used a single edge razor blade to peel up the edge of the old numbers, held at a shallow angle so as to not gouge the gelcoat. 


Once the numbers were off I used the razor blade to remove excess adhesive. If you have a lot of old, reluctant adhesive there is a good adhesive remover sold by 3M that works well. 


If you look closely you can see the Texas numbers that ONKAHYE carried from 1980-2011, and the Florida numbers from 2011-2021. We could use a little 3M Fiberglass Restorer and Wax, a light compounding agent, to even that out a bit where there is some UV sunburn, but we don't mind the patina.

Log of ONKAHYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment